According to the Internet, 93% of the world’s population is currently watching the nee X-Files miniseries. Approximately. The other 7%… nobody cares about. I can’t be part of that 7%, so for the past couple of weeks I’ve been doing what I can to jump ship. Something I never thought possible. Getting into The X-Files.
It’s not that I thought it would be bad. Quite the opposite actually. I knew it would be good. It’s about aliens and abductions, and had good enough writing to gain a large following, how can it be bad. But with it’s 9 seasons, spin off show, 3 movies and now miniseries, it is quite the undertaking. And until now, it hasn’t been to culturally relevant. It’s also a very 90’s show. A show I was too young for. That’s what I told myself until a 20 year old told me to watch it. Then I had no excuse. So last week I started season one.
And I’m so glad I did. Continue reading